Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Rules that trigger off my happiness - by Sandra


So exactly what are the rules that triggers off your happiness..

Tony Robbins talked about trigger. Trigger are the set of rules that decide how you feel.
I learnt that I feel appreciated only if the following rules are satisfied
1. people would have to praise me
2. people would have to smile at me
3. people would have to thank me sincerely
4. I would have to do it perfectly, meeting my own high standard
and more

Then I realised oh God, so many conditions, and none is within my control.

So I have made it so hard to feel appreciated and be happy.

What if people are busy and did not praise me. What if in the rush, they sound routine and not sincere. What if my standard is so high that I could not meet it.

So I keep beating myself up.

Now I know why I feel lousy all the time.

I decided to change my criteria to feel appreciated. It is still important for me to feel appreciated to be happy.
My new rules of feeling appreciated are now
1. I do things for people
2. I enjoy doing it
3. It helps them

A smile and praise would be good, but no longer are the rules anymore.

Now I feel relief and I could be happy most of the time.

See how simple is this, by changing the rules that trigger my happiness, I set myself up to be happy most of the time.

People around me sense the change in my state. My happiness index is a lot higher now.

Try it and let me know how it works for you.

cheers, Sandra

No comments:

Post a Comment